Redirect Help

Thread: Redirect Help

Rene Guest

Default Redirect Help

I am using the following Redirect statement:<BR>"../Index.asp?Load=" & (rsProducts.Fields.Item("PageID").Value) &<BR>"SessionID=" & Session.SessionID<BR><BR>I get the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01a8&#039<BR><BR>Object required: &#039rsProducts&#039<BR><BR>/bus/cgfs/flowers/Shop.asp, line 11<BR><BR>I do I correct this?

Default Not advanced AND CROSSPOSTED

Darn it. Wasted my time. This is yet another beginning DreamWeaver user trying to insert his own code without understanding what DreamWeaver is doing. (At least I think it is DreamWeaver.) And then he crossposts to top it all off. Grumble.<BR><BR>

Default Not advanced (sigh), but...

&nbsp;<BR>I would guess you are using code you cut and pasted from somebody else, right?<BR><BR>Do you know what the name "rsProducts" is there for? It is *supposed* to be an ADODB.RecordSet object that represents the results of some query you made to a database. <BR><BR>The fact that VBS says there is no such object indicates that you have neglected to create the RecordSet object, much less open it.<BR><BR>I might also point out that there is certainly one other bug in that line and quite possibly more.<BR><BR>Despite the fact that the line is loaded with & characters, you are missing the one needed in the query string, between the two name/value pairs you are passing.<BR><BR>And as long as we are on it... Why in the world would you pass the SessionID to the redirected-to page? If the user does not have cookies enabled, that number is worthless. If the user *does* have them enabled, then you can get the number on the next page. (I suppose that passing it this way is one sneaky way of being sure that cookies *are* enabled, though. If that is what you are doing, my apologies. But you still need the & in the querystring.)<BR><BR>