text area problems

Thread: text area problems

klovis Guest

Default text area problems

After a form is filled in, the details are inserted into a db. The table can be viewed and allow the user to edit details of the form, by carrying the ID querystring into the edit.asp page. Well, the problem is that I can&#039t seem to write the value of what was written into a text area (describing the nature of the problem) like this:<BR>&#060;textarea name="Description" style="HEIGHT: 68px; WIDTH: 305px"&#062;&#060;/textarea&#062;<BR>and then in the edit.asp page i used this:<BR>&#060;textarea cols="20" name="Description" value="&#060;%= RecordSet.Fields("Description")%&#062;"&#062;<BR>( I also set a value = Request.Form(Description)<BR>The text area is empty when I execute the code.<BR>Is this a common problem? If so, can anyone help me?<BR>thanks,<BR>k<BR><BR>

Martin Riley Guest

Default RE: text area problems

The contents of the textarea are not set in the value but are set between the tags<BR>Try this<BR>&#060;textarea cols="20" name="Description"&#062;&#060;% = RecordSet.Fields("Description")%&#062;&#060;/textarea&#062;<BR><BR>