I am finding it impossible to get the global.asa file to fire.<BR><BR>For troubleshooting purposes, I created the following code:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT Language=VBScript RUNAT=Server&#062;<BR>Sub Session_OnStart<BR> whichFN="globaltest.txt"<BR><BR> &#039 first, create the file out of thin air<BR>Set fstemp = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>Set filetemp = fstemp.CreateTextFile(whichFN, true)<BR>&#039 true = file can be over-written if it exists<BR>&#039 false = file CANNOT be over-written if it exists<BR><BR>filetemp.WriteLine("This is a brand new file!!!!")<BR>filetemp.writeblanklines(3) <BR>filetemp.WriteLine("This is the last line of the file we created!")<BR>filetemp.Close<BR><BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>I am running PWS 4 and I have placed this file in the following directory:<BR>c:inetpubwwwroot (this is set up correctly for reading, executing and scripts)<BR><BR>This code works fine if I place it in a normal *.asp file.<BR><BR><BR>Help urgently needed !!<BR><BR>All the best.<BR><BR>Andrew