asp frames

Thread: asp frames

Default asp frames

Ok, I have an htm frame page that contains another htm page, and an asp page.<BR><BR>From my previous page, how do I submit the form into the framed asp page? The previous page is frameless.<BR><BR>thanks<BR>Janet<BR>

Default RE: asp frames

Two ways, but both start the same way...<BR><BR>Your new page with the &#060;FRAMESET&#062; *must* be an ASP page, not an HTML page.<BR><BR>(1) In the FRAMESET page, take the values from the prior page&#039s form and use them to construct a QueryString that you pass to the ASP page. Something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>delimiter = "?"<BR>qs = ""<BR>For Each Item In Request.Form &#039 or in Request.QueryString...<BR> &nbsp; qs = qs & delimiter & Item & "=" & Server.URLEncode(Request.Form(Item))<BR> &nbsp; delimiter = "&"<BR>Next<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;FRAMESET ...&#062;<BR> &nbsp; &#060;FRAME ... SRC = "TheFramePage.asp&#060;% = qs %&#062;" &#062;<BR> &nbsp; ...<BR>&#060;/FRAMESET&#062;<BR><BR>**************<BR><BR>(2) In the FRAMESET page, stuff all the values into Session variables and then read the values from the Session variables in the frame page. You can then clear out the Session.Contents, so this is *not* any overhead at all, as the values will only be stored in the Session for milliseconds, at worst.<BR><BR>