What could cause this...

Thread: What could cause this...

Default What could cause this...

A recordset returning empty. The SQL statement is valid, the data is in the database, MDAC version 2.5 SP1, ODBC connection being made, no errors when doing * Set RS = aConn.Execute(sql) *. <BR><BR>Could really use some more thoughts... Thanks all...

Default The story goes on and on and ....

SHOW CODE<BR><BR>if the connection object is open and the recordset object is open the there cant be any data<BR><BR><BR>check the state of the connection object and recordset object<BR><BR><BR>oh and please dont tell me you based your "recordset returning empty" on the recordset.recordcount

Default RE: The story goes on and on and ....

&#062; oh and please dont tell me you based your "recordset returning empty" on the recordset.recordcount <BR><BR>No no no... didn&#039t do that, when trying to read a specific field I get the BOF or EOF reached error. The connection object and recordset objects are there, and on another server with the same DB everything chugs along fine. Just on this new **** server... <BR><BR>

Default there not here???

&#062;The connection object and recordset objects are there<BR><BR><BR>i did not ask you if they were "there" are they open did the state return 1??

Default Have to get back to you on that one...

the server is a 2 hour drive from here sadly.<BR><BR>But thanks, I&#039ll let ya know.

Default What are you talking about

who cares where the server is?/<BR><BR>when you do a connection.open .....<BR>put a * response.wirte connection.state*<BR><BR>and after<BR>recordset.open....<BR>put a * response.wirte recordset.state*<BR><BR>bothe of these lines will write a 0 or a 1 on the screen if they write a 1 it means the objects are open try this and see if they are open<BR><BR><BR>If they are run the SAME query on the backend and check if they are returning any records<BR>

Default RE: What are you talking about

It&#039s a two hour drive to a machine that does not currently have dial-up access. Ergo, it would take two hours to plug in the .state and test it. The development server here works fine so applying it here would be fruitless I fear.<BR><BR>When I run the same query against the database there through XQuery (it&#039s an ADABAS D database) I get the records fine.

Default Do you know what ftp is

just ftp the new pages

Default Do you know what it's like...

working for State governments? For some reason the initials ftp send a shudder up their spines. I&#039ll be driving up Monday, that will suffice on this end and satisfy them on that end.<BR><BR>