Caching in IE 5.5 - Help

Thread: Caching in IE 5.5 - Help

Rob Guest

Default Caching in IE 5.5 - Help

Have any of you been having problems with caching in IE 5.5? <BR>Because I have and so have my clients. I just had a client who looked at a site in development on IE 5.0. Everyhting was fine. In IE 5.5 the pages were cached from like 3 days ago. <BR><BR>I am well aware of the use of<BR>Response.Expires = -2<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR><BR>But when I do this, page expires errors happen when a user hits the back button.<BR><BR>Shed some light please. How do I get around this. <BR><BR><BR>Rob<BR>

JDD Guest

Default RE: Caching in IE 5.5 - Help

Check out:<BR>

Default RE: Caching in IE 5.5 - Help

If you append a random number to every querystring and form post,<BR>IE will think it&#039s a new request and reload the page.<BR><BR>Pain in the bum really, but I do something like<BR><BR>&#060;a href="..javascript: submitLink("page_name").."&#062;link&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>function submitLink(link) <BR>window.location.href = link + "?" + random number<BR><BR>The above won&#039t work, but you get the idea.<BR>It&#039s really useful to call all your links like this anyway<BR>cos you can keep track of session related stuff too.<BR><BR>