www.address.com/page.asp?WORD=1 <- how do you

Thread: www.address.com/page.asp?WORD=1 <- how do you

Richard Beck Guest

Default www.address.com/page.asp?WORD=1 <- how do you

how do you pass criteria through a web address...like this<BR><BR>www.address.com/page.asp?word=1 <BR>how do you do that?<BR><BR>thanks<BR>Richard Beck<BR>rbeck@computer-geeks.com

Default RE: www.address.com/page.asp?WORD=1 <- how do

&#060;a href="www.address.com/page.asp?word=&#060;%=variable%&#062;"&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR>

Richard Beck Guest

how do i create a variable...i have a field in the table that i want to compare it with

Raymond Guest

Just give a name that is unique and assign something to it:<BR>Name = rs.("FirstName")<BR><BR>Make sure you arent using a word that is used by asp like:<BR> Select = rs.("SelectedField")

Default If you're asking about how to process a form,

If I&#039m reading you correctly, you&#039re asking about the processing of a &#060;FORM&#062;&#039s fields. For each tag field on a FORM that you specify a NAME attribute, you will get a NAME=VALUE pair passed to your ASP page. Using METHOD=GET as the FORM&#039s attribute will show the URL as a querystring in your browser--<BR><BR>xyz.asp?name1=value1&name2=value2<BR><BR>w hereas using METHOD=POST will hide the name=value jargon from the user&#039s immediate view. <BR><BR>To access these values in your ASP page, use <BR><BR>strVar = Request.QueryString("YourVarNameHere") for GET method, and<BR>strVar = Request.Form("YourVarNameHere") for POST method,<BR>where YourVarNameHere is the same as the name you assigned on your form&#039s input item. e.g.<BR> <BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="YourVarNameHere"&#062;<BR><BR>strVar will have the value that was input by the user. <BR><BR>I hope that made sense. <BR><BR>G&#039Luck:)