this error message is a goodie

Thread: this error message is a goodie

Default this error message is a goodie

here is the error message: Syntax error or access violation Line 56<BR><BR>I am using the file and if i dont define it as a stored procedure it yells at me when i try to get the absolute value later on in my code. I know i have read/write access set and exec set for the stored procedure. Not sure if i am missing something or doing something that I can&#039t do. If you need any other info or the code for the stored procedure let me know. Its just a bunch of if statements and sql statements using like.<BR><BR>sql="sp_broker &#039" & number & "&#039,&#039" & location & "&#039"<BR><BR>Set objPagingConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objPagi ngConn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=datasource; Initial Catalog=apbroker; User ID=wish; password=youknew"<BR><BR>Set recordset = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>recordse t.PageSize = iPageSize<BR><BR>recordset.CacheSize = iPageSize<BR><BR>error occurs here--&#062;recordset.Open sql,objPagingConn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdStoredProc<BR><BR>Matt

Default RE: this error message is a goodie

you can&#039t use a static cursor in a paging recordset<BR><BR>j