passing variable to new window from form

Thread: passing variable to new window from form

Default passing variable to new window from form

ok, I&#039ve got a form where the user puts a value in the form and I have a link on the same page as the form that opens a new window. Is it possible to pass a value a user enters in the form to the new window? I&#039ve tried session variables and querystrings, but it seems that the only thing that would work would be request.form, but it doesn&#039t, since it&#039s not a submit button(it&#039s a link) Thanks in advance for any help!

Default Why do you not want to use a submit?(nt)

fdgd

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: passing variable to new window from form

This is possible to do but requires client-side scripting. In order to do it you would have to convert the url in your link to &#039window.open(url)&#039. Once you do this all of the elements in the parent window are exposed to the child window through the use of &#039window.opener.document&#039 in a script in the child window. So any value you have in the parent window can be reproduced in the child window by using this method.

Brad Kingsley Guest

Default RE: passing variable to new window from form

Change the form to use an onSubmit event, then grab the variable from the form and pass it to a window.open function.<BR><BR>-Brad Kingsley, MCP - NT, IIS4<BR>Reliable Windows NT Web Hosting<BR>ORCS Web, Inc - http://www.ORCSWeb.com