Error Msg ??

Thread: Error Msg ??

Mark Guest

Default Error Msg ??

Does anyone know what this means?...<BR>---------------------------<BR>Response object error &#039ASP 0156 : 80004005&#039 <BR>Header Error <BR>/process_tasks.asp, line 53 <BR>The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content. <BR>----------------------------<BR>I go from welcome.asp to process_tasks.asp, which then does a response.redirect back to welcome.asp after some db stuff. ???<BR>Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Mark Guest

Default Oh, I forgot to mention...

that line 53 is Response.Redirect("welcome.asp")<BR>

Default The message tells it all...

Apparently, you wrote something out to the browser before you tried to do Response.Redirect, and that is illegal.<BR><BR>Even the &#060;HTML&#062; tag writes headers to the browser, so you Response.Redirect needs to be before that.<BR><BR>ALTERNATIVE:<BR><BR>Response.Buffer = True &#039 at top of page, before &#060;HTML&#062; tag!<BR><BR>...<BR>Response.Clear &#039 throws away anything already written...<BR>Response.Redirect "..." &#039 so this is now legal!<BR><BR>

Mark Guest

Default Thanks, Bill!

That did the trick. I&#039ll have to look into this whole "buffer" thing. I&#039ve never used it before.