Hi folks,<BR><BR>I&#039ve been working on a website and I&#039ve encountered a scenario where the same set of JavaScript code works differently as server side code than it does as client-side code. I am using MS Visual InterDev and the DTC controls for record sources, and various text boxes for user input. I&#039ve opened a recordset to an Access DB table.<BR><BR>I originally wrote an ASP page (using JavaScript) that is almost exclusively client-side scripting. I was able to add new records to the database as expected. I used the follow...<BR><BR>recordset.addRecord(), command followed by various;<BR>recordset.fields.setValue("field", "value") to set the values of the fields for the new record;<BR>lastly followed by recordset.Update();<BR><BR>When I run this as client-side script it adds a new record to the database in the n+1 position. In other words it auto-increments the database index value for the new record. However when I run this a server-side script it replaces the first record in the database. I never adds a new record, it just replaces/over-writes the first record.<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried to go through the various MSDN resources but those all reference the function "addNew" which is not a valid option here.<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>I appreciate the input/help.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>~Tesser