Recordset .pagesize Rs.absolutepage not supported

Thread: Recordset .pagesize Rs.absolutepage not supported

Default Recordset .pagesize Rs.absolutepage not supported

Tried to use rs.pagesize and rs.pagecount and rs.absolutepage to <BR>page/display a limited no of records in the browser window.<BR><BR>Error retured is "application does&#039nt support the porperty or the method".<BR>Also why rs.absolutepostion returns a negative count(-1,-3 or -5)?<BR>Pl advice asap--I am held up. --aman<BR>

Default RE: Recordset .pagesize Rs.absolutepage not suppor

When you open your recordset, use a Keyset cursor.

Ben Norton Guest

Default RE: Recordset .pagesize Rs.absolutepage not suppor

I tried this and I still get:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR>------------------------------<BR>This seems to be a larger problem because other functions such as AddNew() and updating fields returns this same message.<BR><BR>--------------------------------<BR><BR>Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn ection.Open connection, user, password<BR> <BR>&#039 Create a recordset object<BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>RS.Open "SELECT * FROM Reviewers", objConnection, adOpenKeyset<BR> <BR>RS.PageSize = 10<BR>RS.AbsolutePage = 1