Page caching and IE 5.5

Thread: Page caching and IE 5.5

Default Page caching and IE 5.5

Well, this is all confusing to me in some ragrads. This is what I am using to expire the cahe<BR><BR>Response.Expires = -2<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR><BR>I have never needed to do this until IE 5.5 came out.<BR>Now it is a necessity as I find 5.5 is very strong in it&#039s caching. But what is a bummer is the fact that the pages expire. So using the back button can be confusing since you get a page exired error.<BR><BR>Please tell me what i should do here and/or how you handle this.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>RBT

Default RE: Page caching and IE 5.5

Wow. I haven&#039t seen this with IE yet, but it&#039s an old problem for me in Netscape. To get Netscape to stop caching pages I had to append a unique querystring to each link. I used the date function which gives you date and time down to the second, so the link looks something like:<BR><BR>yourlink.asp?cachebuster=&#060;% =Server.URLencode(Now()) %&#062;<BR><BR>you can even add that to a form action if you&#039re posting. Just an idea, good luck.