Having troubles with Session_OnStart and Session_O

Thread: Having troubles with Session_OnStart and Session_O

Default Having troubles with Session_OnStart and Session_O

My co-worker and I have created a logon script for our site and have placed it in the Session_OnStart in the Global.asa. It works just fine. No matter what page you go to, you have to logon nor does it matter if you hit refresh the logon page still appears. Here&#039s the where the trouble began. We declared a Session_OnEnd to do some clean work and suddenly our logon mechanism went screwy. The logon window comes up the first time but if you hit refresh without typing anything, you&#039re in. What&#039s boggling us even more is that we took out all the code from Session_OnEnd so that we had only the following<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=&#039VBScript&#039 RUNAT=&#039Server&#039&#062;<BR>Sub Session_OnEnd<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>and it still behaved the same way, hit refresh and you&#039re in.<BR><BR>Any insight to this would be greatly appriciated.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR><BR>Yvette

Default RE: Having troubles with Session_OnStart and Sessi

It&#039s really hard to say what your problem is without looking at it, but one thing I know for sure: you can not explicitly call Session_OnEnd function. It only gets called when session times out. Does it help?

No, I&#039m not calling either one explicitly. The time out is default, 20 minutes.<BR><BR>Yvette

Well, then... I don&#039t know. I don&#039t think that adding Session_OnEnd itself could screw something up. If it worked before you added Session_OnEnd, then it&#039s got to work now, unless you changed something else. It could be really minor change that you wouldn&#039t think could possibly mess something up, but it did, or ... I don&#039t know. Sorry.