Decipher Error Message "Connection not open"

Thread: Decipher Error Message "Connection not open"

Default Decipher Error Message "Connection not open"

Hello,<BR>I have been working with Chili!ASP on a server which works fine. Now, the engineering group in my company has switched to another server. When I tried to open an .asp page which involves retrieving info from the database, I get this error...<BR>"ADODB.Connection.1 error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Connection not open <BR><BR>/nyserv/file_name.asp, line 11 <BR><BR>I went to this line and my connection is open.........See below<BR>&#060;%<BR>Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn ection.ConnectionString = "DSN=dsnname;UID=username;PWD=password;"<BR>objCon nection.Open<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Is it on my end? Or does the engineering group need to modify the .ini file according to the connectionstring/DSN/UID/PWD??? Maybe you could help me since they can&#039t. Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Decipher Error Message

Well, since it works on one serer but not on another it&#039s almost certainly a configuration problem. Unfortunately I haven&#039t got a clue about configuring Chili!ASP...<BR><BR>Dunc

Bonita Guest

Default RE: Decipher Error Message

Instead of setting <BR>objConnection.ConnectionString "DSN=dsnname;UID=username;PWD=password;"<BR><BR>Tr y this code instead<BR>ConnectionString "DSN=dsnname;UID=username;PWD=password;"<BR>objCon nection.Open ConnectionString<BR><BR>This should work. Good luck<BR><BR><BR>