Problem in bookmarking

Thread: Problem in bookmarking

Default Problem in bookmarking

Hi All,<BR><BR>I am developing a internet site and in that client wants the bookmark utility means if the user exits in between the course and wants to come back next day then when he logs on again the user should redirect to that page only.For that i am using login screen where user enter the name and password and using access as a backend my problem is how to store the value of the last visit page and then redirect the user to that page when logs on again for your information there is a bookmark buttton on every page.If somebody know about this then please help me out.<BR><BR>Thanks & Regards<BR>Ashish Arora

Default RE: Problem in bookmarking

I answered your question below on Oct 17 - maybe you need more detail. Have the bookmarking page post the URL of the current page to an asp page. Have this page save the URL into the database. When each page loads, clear the entry, so the user has to click on the bookmark to save their place.<BR>If the user logs in and there is an entry, send them to the page.<BR>That&#039s really detailed - is this what you wanted?

Thanks to you Guest

Default RE: Problem in bookmarking

Thank you very much for helping me out !