Problem in bookmarking

Thread: Problem in bookmarking

Default Problem in bookmarking

Hi All,<BR><BR>I am developing a internet site and in that client wants the bookmark utility means if the user exits in between the course and wants to come back next day then when he logs on again the user should redirect to that page only.For that i am using login screen where user enter the name and password and using access as a backend my problem is how to store the value of the last visit page and then redirect the user to that page when logs on again for your information there is a bookmark buttton on every page.If somebody know about this then please help me out.<BR><BR>Thanks & Regards<BR>Ashish Arora

Joel M Guest

Default RE: Problem in bookmarking

Your can do this one of two ways... the first and easiest (in my opinion) is to store that bookmark info in the database, and then just check at login time with a select statment... if the recordset is empty, there are no bookmarks... or else redirect them to the stored page value...<BR><BR>the other way seems like it would be better performancewise.... but I&#039m not the best with cookies so I wont go into detail... but you could store that value in a cookie and just check for it at login... and redirect if it exists...<BR><BR>hope it helps<BR>joel