Asp Form

Thread: Asp Form

Default Asp Form

I need to do some debuging as I have a problem with a script<BR>can some one tell me if it is posible to write a smiple form in Asp and then just when you presss submit it just shows the out put is that psooible eg so it shows all the pairs<BR>eg user putts in the form in the box that says your name and the asp file when u press submit it does<BR><BR>First_name = James<BR><BR>I know there was some where to do this in perl but I do not know how to do it in asp I do not need to hold that data so it can just be printed to screen any help any one can give me on this would be great

Default Dumping contents of a form...

Do you want it on the same page as the form, *BEFORE* it is submitted?<BR><BR>Or on the next page? To aid in debugging your ASP code?<BR><BR>I will assume that latter. Tell me if you meant the former:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>For Each Item In Request.Form &#039 or Request.QueryString, as appropriate<BR> &nbsp; Response.Write Item & " = " & Request.Form(Item) & "&lt;BR&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR>Next<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Watch out for strange looking results from things like multi-valued check boxes or &#060;SELECT MULTIPLE...&#062; form items.<BR><BR>NOTE: I tend to use &#060;FORM ... Method=Get&#062; and Request.QueryString when I am starting a page, because I can look at the URL and see what is being passed. Then I convert to Method=Post and Request.Form for the "real thing" later.<BR><BR>