Please help! - I have a dumb question...

Thread: Please help! - I have a dumb question...

Default Please help! - I have a dumb question...

OK...I am using the ASP for Dummies, and I can&#039t even get the simple Guest Book to work. <BR><BR>When testing on a server, I type in my name and all that jazz, and hit submit...It shows me what I typed fine, but then I get an error message saying it couldn&#039t access the ".txt. file it&#039s supposed write to!...I think it&#039s in the filename convention..<BR><BR>this is the error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Permission denied <BR><BR>/source/gb/GBPROC.ASP, line 17 <BR><BR><BR><BR>PLEASE HELP!!!! I AM A MORON!!!!<BR><BR>-moron<BR>

Default We do not have that book... you will have to show us the source code involved.<BR><BR>Be sure to indicate *which* line the error is coming from.<BR><BR>(You don&#039t need to show the whole file. Since the error is on line 17, showing maybe 30 lines or so would be more than enough.)<BR><BR>HAVING SAID ALL THAT...<BR><BR>"Permission denied" probably means just that! You are probably trying to write to a directory or file to which you do not have permissions. Is this under PWS (Personal Web Server) or IIS that you are trying to run?<BR><BR><BR><BR>