not able to succeed - Akhilesh help me out

Thread: not able to succeed - Akhilesh help me out

sjv Guest

Default not able to succeed - Akhilesh help me out

hi<BR>I am not able to succeed with the redirect as well as Server Variables. My problem is this.<BR><BR>I have certain pages in the website which is content secured and only registered user is allow to browse the page. So from any of the pages if the user clicks to that links for eg. download he will be taken to the authorization page. If he is already register he can login and he has to be taken to the link which he clicked already eg. download page. If he is not a register a user after registration i have to redirect him to the page he requested.How to acheive this?<BR>

duc Guest

Default RE: not able to succeed - Akhilesh help me out

First of all, if you are runing IIS5 you can use this<BR>&#060;%<BR>if (Session("UserName")= "" or Session("UserPassword") = "") Then<BR> Server.Transfer("Invalid.htm")<BR>End if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>If you are using IIS4 you have to use<BR>&#060;%<BR>if (Session("UserName")= "" or Session("UserPassword") = "") Then<BR> Response.Redirect("Invalid.htm")<BR>End if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>for the second method you have to add this line at very beginning of the page<BR>&#060;%Response.Buffer = True%&#062;<BR>I hope this help<BR>Duc

Default RE: I am not Akhilesh

You can use a If statement like this<BR><BR>If rs("Password")=mypassword then<BR> session("Login")=rs("LoginID")<BR> <BR>&#039 use the securitylevel to go to the right page<BR><BR> if session("Login")= 1 then<BR> response.redirect ("download.asp")<BR> <BR> end if<BR> <BR>else%&#062;<BR> &#060;% response.redirect(" p")%&#062;<BR><BR>Good Luck<BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default I am Akhilesh

When the user first comes to your registration page<BR><BR>session("prevPage") = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR><BR><BR >after the registration process once you have finished everything<BR><BR>response.redirect session("prevPage")<BR><BR>this should take you back to the page the user came from