Database connection problems

Thread: Database connection problems

Default Database connection problems

Okay;<BR><BR>I have connected a databse to my form to retrieve information to be inserted into a combobox. My code, according to everyone who has looked at it, is correct and has worked on other machines. But I keep getting an error that says:<BR><BR>The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039c:jyhaddbjyhad.mdb&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR><BR>And neither is the case. Has this happened to anybody before? How did you get around it?<BR><BR>I&#039ve even re-imaged my computer.

Default RE: Database connection problems

Keith,<BR>I had a similar problem with Access. From your post, it looks like the mdb is on your C drive and presumably on a server running IIS. But..<BR>Are there any linked tables to a mdb on a different network drive/machine ? <BR>If so, the permissions can be somewhat tricky to get working.<BR>Check out this page <BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q166/0/29.ASP<BR>to see if these are any of your situations. There are plenty of other articles at MS that might help as well.<BR><BR>Hope this helps a little,<BR>Mike