shopping cart

Thread: shopping cart

GM Guest

Default shopping cart

I&#039m currently working on a shopping cart... I&#039ve created many before using the dictionary object to store items, however, now I am working on a large(r) site -- around 1000 items, and would prefer to use a database. We&#039re hoping for a fair amount of traffic and I don&#039t want memory being wasted with variables. The database will be created in MS Access97 (I know SQL would be ideal, but there are a few issues... one being cost, not too familar with MSDE either).<BR><BR>I&#039m planing on storing items based on User ID (if logged in) or SessionID (if not logged in)... One problem I am encountering is removal of items from the cart if a customer (SessionID only -- no problem with logged-in users leaving items in cart) leaves without first removing them. Any customer coming to the site who receives the same SessionID will already have items in the cart... (not to mention used carts taking up alot of database space) any idea around this?<BR><BR>Thank you

Chrace Guest

Default RE: shopping cart

global.asa:<BR>Sub Session_OnEnd<BR>&#039 Clear the db if not logged in?<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Haven&#039t tested it but it would sound logical. :)<BR><BR>/Chrace

GM Guest

Thank you for the reply...<BR>Yeah, I was considering the OnEnd session... wasn&#039t sure if it would requiere too much resources. I&#039ll test it anyways :-) , thanks again.

Rob Guest

Did this work? It&#039s not a bad idea. Surprised I never thought of it. All you have to do is verify the CartID has not been added to the completed orders table and the erase it/them.<BR><BR>Rob