database is located in a remote server

Thread: database is located in a remote server

keefe Guest

Default database is located in a remote server

hi there!<BR><BR>am having trouble in having my asp webpage connect to my database. error message states:<BR><BR>"Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039\serverdata.mdb&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."<BR><BR>we have already read and tried all articles pertaining to this error such as giving permissions to the IUSR account to the shared folder of the database or setting authentication to basic instead of NTLM but the problem still exist. what&#039s weird is that only the domain administrator account was able to execute the page properly or if we place the database in our web server. however, as per setup, we cannot have our database located in the webserver due to permission issues.<BR><BR>any help will really be appreciated. thanks!<BR>

Default RE: database is located in a remote server

duuno if this helps. But I had the same problem and it was the IUSR which was the problem. Although it had permissions, it wasnt on the domain properly, so it couldnt access the other machines on the domain. <BR>Also you have to ensure in IIS that the the enable automatic password sync is not ticked, as for some reason this kills it too!<BR>(I had rather a few probelms trying to get it to work with my remote SQLserver, So I sympathise!)

keefe Guest

Default RE: database is located in a remote server

thought i was the only one having the problem. :) we have given full access to the IUSR account in the share and security permissions of the database folder. i have likewise unticked the password synchronization. i have also specified domainIUSR_servername in the username....however, one question i have in mind, would you have any idea what password this account have. according to my reading, this account is automatically generated once IIS is installed, but changing the user in the anonymous access to domainIUSR_servername, i left the password now, i am hoping that this is the one causing the problem.