Call asp within HTML

Thread: Call asp within HTML

Gerben Tiele Guest

Default Call asp within HTML

Hi There,<BR><BR>I really hope you can help me.<BR><BR>I want to be able to insert asp within documents. Like the date for example.<BR><BR>I use the following code:<BR><BR>In The HTML:<BR><BR>&#060;script language="JavaScript" src=""&#062;&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>The adres is my local webserver.. I want to call Datum.asp so within the HTML the date is displayed.<BR><BR>And the simple Date.asp is a follows:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Write Date()<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>After I load the HTML file with the code, it doesn&#039t display anything.<BR><BR>I have no idea how else it should be done.<BR><BR>Can anyone help???<BR><BR>Greetings,<BR><BR>Gerben Tiele<BR>

Default RE: Call asp within HTML

You need to write some javascript, I&#039m supprised it doesn&#039t give you a js error<BR><BR>Date.asp needs to be this <BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Write "document.write(&#039" & Date() & "&#039)"<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Gerben Tiele Guest

Default RE: Call asp within HTML

Ahh man, thank you so much!!!<BR><BR>You have no idea how happy I am!<BR><BR>I had a big discussion on a other forum.. There the said it was impossible and that it could only be done with CGI.<BR><BR>I don&#039t know Javascript.. But for as far as I can see is<BR><BR>document.write(&#039" & Date() & ")<BR><BR>A javascript code to display the date.. But that will only display the current date on the client computer.<BR><BR>So you will only be able to do javascript tasks..<BR><BR>Or can you also adjust a Javascript varibale within the asp file, and output the right variable with Javascript?<BR><BR>ThanXXX AGAIN!!