Dll and ASP

Thread: Dll and ASP

Alice Guest

Default Dll and ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>I am using a VB dll to create SQL query. The query returns a recordset with 100 records. Can anyone tell me how I can pass the results of this recordset from the dll to the ASP page where I want to display it in a table.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Alice

Default RE: Dll and ASP

Define the function that makes the SQL call as Recordset, and make to return your recordset.

Alice Guest

Ok, I got that, but how will I be able to go throught the records to display the data in the asp page. Also since I am not doing any ADO connection objects in the asp page, how will I be able to go through the records?<BR><BR>Do you have a sample code I could look at?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Alice

You would do something like this:<BR>In the DLL:<BR>Function GetRecords () as ADODB.Recordset<BR>...<BR>...<BR>...<BR>GetRecords .Execute(SQL)<BR>In your ASP:<BR>Call GetRecords<BR>If not GetRecords.EOF or GetRecords.BOF Then<BR> Do until GetRecords.EOF<BR> &#039 Do whatever you need to do<BR> Loop<BR>End If <BR>

Alice Guest

Thanks for the reply.<BR><BR>My code in ASP is<BR><BR>Set oMyObject = Server.CreateObject("MyDll.clsMyClas")<BR>Call oMyObject.fnMyFunction("2")<BR>If Not fnMyFunction.EOF or fnMyFunction.BOF then<BR> Response.Write fnAssistanceInfo!FirstField<BR>End If<BR><BR>I dont think I can use the code in the "If-End If" block. How would I use it then? Can you resolve this last glitch???<BR><BR>Thanks a million.<BR><BR>Alice

ALice Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>What is GetRecords defined as and where?<BR><BR>Alice

I don&#039t think I understood your question, but if you&#039re asking how to use loop in your case, there it is:<BR>If Not fnMyFunction.EOF or fnMyFunction.BOF then<BR> Do while not fnMyFunction.EOF<BR> Response.Write fnMyFunction.field(1), fnMyFunction.field(2),...<BR> fnMyFunction.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR>End If<BR><BR>Hope it helps.<BR>

GetRecords is a function that is defined as ADODB.Recordset in your .DLL