ASP ERROR

Thread: ASP ERROR

Tripp Guest

Default ASP ERROR

Hi , <BR><BR>I am publishing asp files to a free domain server called webhostme .<BR>I have a free domain there.<BR>I tried using dsn less connection, but now the error i get is as follows, <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file &#039(unknown)&#039. <BR><BR>/db.inc, line 31 <BR><BR>The code i am using is, <BR>Set dbc = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR><BR><BR>accessdb="cartshop.mdb" <BR>myDSN="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" <BR>myDSN=myDSN & "DBQ=" & server.mappath(accessdb) <BR><BR>dbc.open myDSN <BR><BR>What could be wrong?? <BR>Thanks, <BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ASP ERROR

you need to specify the full path for accessdb

Tripp Guest

HI,<BR>I have tried that too. I gave the fullpath of the database.<BR>But I get the same error,<BR>Please guide me,<BR>Thanks,

The way i have it in my pages is:<BR><BR>Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:folder1folder2database.mdb"<BR><BR>Richard

Tripp Guest

Hi,<BR>This is the same way I did before, it did not work,<BR>Thanks,

Hi.<BR>Have you verify the path with webhostme?

Try this:<BR><BR>Set DB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>dbPath = "DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("cartshop.mdb")<BR>DB.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & dbPath

Tripp Guest

Hi,<BR>Does not work, the error I get is,<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file &#039(unknown)&#039. <BR><BR>/db.inc, line 23 <BR><BR>Please clarify this,<BR>Webhost me is a free domain server.<BR>Now should there be access driver installed on that server too?<BR>perhaps there might not be access driver installed.could that be the error??<BR>Thanks,<BR>

RUSY Guest

CLARIFY THE FOLLOWING THINGS FIRST<BR>1.IS SERVER AN nt4 SERVER RUNNING IIS4<BR>2.HAVE YOU EMBEDDED THE INCLUDE FILE IN ASP PAGE. AND NOT VICE VERS<BR>3.MAPPED THE VIRTUAL PATH<BR>4. USE A FILEDSN<BR>5. USE THIS SCRIPT TO MAP PATH<BR>&#060;%mappings=request.servervariables("p ath_translated")<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%=mappings%&# 062;<BR>6. SUBSTITUTE THE MISSING PATH IN DSN<BR>7.CHECK THE DATABASE NAME<BR><BR>RUSY<BR>INFO@SOFTSPARK.COM<BR><BR>

The problem I believe you are having is that you do not have a DefaultDir parameter in your DSN...<BR><BR>accessdbdir = "cgi-bin\"<BR>accessdbfile = "yourdb.mdb"<BR>accessdb = accessdbdir & accessdbfile <BR>myDSN = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" <BR>myDSN = myDSN & "DefaultDir=" & server.mappath(accessdbDir) & ";DBQ=" & server.mappath(accessdb)<BR><BR>I believe webhostme requires you to put the db in the cgi-bin directory in order to write to it.<BR><BR>Good Luck<BR><BR>Jerry