opening a form...

Thread: opening a form...

Default opening a form...

Once I have checked and found a match for a user id and password, how do I get a form to open based on that match? I have set it up so there is a form to enter your user id and password and then I have another asp page that checks for a match so I would like a form to open up from that page if there is a match. I hope this is clear... Thanks!

Default What am I missing???

Either this question is so very basic that I can only say "go read an introductory book" or I am missing something in the question.<BR><BR>So let me ask:<BR><BR>What is special about this form you want to "open" (for that matter, what does it mean to "open" a form?) ?? Why can&#039t you just put the HTML for it directly into your ASP page?<BR><BR>Something like:<BR><BR>****************<BR>&#060;%<BR>uname = Request("UserName")<BR>pword = Request("PassWord")<BR>... here, you check the DB for that person ...<BR><BR>If thatPersonIsInvalid Then <BR> &nbsp; Response.Redirect "badSignIn.asp"<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;HTML&#062;&#060;BODY&#062;< BR>&#060;FORM ...&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>******************<BR>??? Why does that not work? What special thing are you trying to do?<BR><BR>