Executing an Oracle stored procedure

Thread: Executing an Oracle stored procedure

Rob Guest

Default Executing an Oracle stored procedure

Hi,<BR>I am using the objConn.Execute to run an Oracle procedure from my asp page. I keep getting the error "[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement". The line I am using is as follows<BR>Set objRs = objConn.Execute("AddGISRecord &#039property&#039, &#039pcode&#039, &#039local&#039, &#039yr&#039, &#039surv&#039, &#039report&#039, &#039coverage&#039, &#039rmks&#039") <BR><BR>My oracle procedure is AddGISRecord followed by the input fields.<BR>There is nothing wrong with the procedure but my asp page is somehow not passing it right. My statement follows several examples provided in asp references for using the objConn.Execute to run stored procedures. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.<BR><BR>

Sateesh Guest

Default It is a pain in ***

It is a pain when u try excecute oracle store procedure from the asp page<BR>Oracle dosent understands the parameters that the ado passes directly, it does when u create a parameter and the parameter should be exactly of the same datatype and the size.<BR>so create the parameter first and assign the values for the parameter and try to execute istead of doing it directly.