Posting Acceptor is KILLING ME!

Thread: Posting Acceptor is KILLING ME!

Jason Guest

Default Posting Acceptor is KILLING ME!

&#060;form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="/Scripts/cpshost.dll?PUBLISH" method="POST"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="File" name="myfile" size="30"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="hidden" name="TargetURL" value="/FileAttachments"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="Submit" value="Save File..."&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062; <BR><BR>There is my freaking code. Posting Acceptor IS installed in the /Scripts dir on my web server. Target dir does exit. Both dirs are set with read,write,script permissions. When I submit the above form - I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error telling the page cannot be displayed. Any ideas? This thing is pissing me off. Please help...

Default Ditto!!!

I&#039ve been fighting exactly the same battle for the last two days. Will watch the thread CLOSELY!

Default More...

And if I use this style path...<BR><BR>strRepostURL = "e:inetpubwwwroot
    eq minfo.asp"<BR><BR>strPostingURL = strPathToPA & "?PUBLISH?" & strRepostURL<BR><BR>I get the open or download file dialog box. If I choose open from current location, I get a regsvr32 error that the entry point can&#039t be found. Regsvr32 also won&#039t register the dll on it&#039s own. There are a couple of registry entries for the dll but no guid.<BR><BR>

Philippa Eddison Guest

Default Me too

I have been having the same problem with cpshost.dll. I have reinstalled it from NT option pack 4, checked it against a working version on different web server, searched the registry for lurking references and no success.<BR><BR>I would be interested to hear if either of you ever resolved the problem and what the solution was.

Default META Tag

You haven&#039t described the problem but having worked a bit with the posting acceptor, there is a META tag that must appear on the default page for the site...can&#039t remember what it contains but it MUST be there...<BR><BR>Unleess there is a specific reason to use PA, you will probably save money (dev time) by buying a component (e.g. SAFileUP)<BR><BR>-Good luck<BR>Andrew

TheWebdude Guest

Default RE: Me too

I have been grappling with this problem for too long! Some interesting findings however: The problem mysteriously went away after like 2 months! If i have two pages that use the posting acceptor and I do NOT want anonymous login, when i log into the first page, it lets me upload fine. When I open up the second page and try to upload a file, it DOES NOT ask me for my user name and password. What this appears to mean is that the first time i uploaded a file, it prompts me for username/password. If i go to a different page with an upload feature, perhaps it thinks that i&#039ve already authenticated OR that i am some super user (ie administrator, IUSR_machine name?) that already has full rights to the uploads folder and so doesn&#039t need to authenticate. Perhaps there is some user that is logged into the machine/server that is messing us up! When the user logs out, the machine mysteriously begins to work. Just a guess, i don&#039t know if this helps. Let me know if you figure it out!<BR><BR>