Subscript out of range error

Thread: Subscript out of range error

Adrian Guest

Default Subscript out of range error

Could someone tell me why Dim A(10) works, but Dim A() has "subscript out of range" runtime error on line 6?<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim A(10), i<BR>i=0<BR>do until i=10<BR> A(i) = i &#039&#060;&#060; #6<BR> i=i+1<BR>loop <BR>do until i=0<BR> response.write (i) <BR> i=i-1<BR>loop<BR>%&#062;

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: Subscript out of range error

You need to redimension (ReDim) a dynamic array before you make a reference to it.<BR><BR>i.e.<BR><BR>Dim A(), i<BR><BR>ReDim A(10)<BR><BR>i=0<BR>...<BR><BR><BR>

Adrian Guest

I take it then, having just Dim A() is illegal? It has to have the dimensions?<BR><BR>So then could you tell me how to count the number of folders and put their names in the array (dynamically) ?<BR>Thanks

Your i can go only up to 9, or you have to dim your array A(11).

Adrian Guest

Default this works

This works. Is there a more elegant way???<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Path, fso, folder, name, Item, A(), i, upper<BR>Path = "./"<BR>Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>Set folder = fso.GetFolder(server.mappath(path))<BR>name = folder.name<BR><BR>i=0<BR>For Each item In folder.subfolders <BR>ReDim preserve A(i)<BR>A(i) = item.name<BR>i=i+1<BR>Next<BR>upper = Ubound(A)<BR>i = 0<BR>do until i = upper + 1<BR> response.write"&#060;A HREF=" & A(i) & "&#062;" & A(i) & "&#060;/a&#062;<BR>"<BR> i= i+1<BR>loop%&#062; <BR>

John Weeflaar Guest

Default RE: this works

Actually, You don&#039t need an array. <BR>For Each item In folder.subfolders <BR>&#039 On one line<BR>response.write "&#060;a HREF=" & item.name & "&#062;" & item.name & "&#060;/a&#062;"<BR>Next