ASP 0178 Error in Win2000.

Thread: ASP 0178 Error in Win2000.

1. #1 Guest

Default ASP 0178 Error in Win2000.

Hi,<BR><BR>Has anyone had this error message using a VB6 generated component in Windows2000 Advanced Server:<BR><BR>"Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)<BR>The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is<BR>denied to this object."<BR><BR>I&#039ve found that setting IUSR_PC permissions to be Read and Read and Execute on the file WINNTsystem32MSVBVM60.DLL can SOMETIMES work, but not always. It seems to work for a day then reproduce the error.<BR><BR>Has anyone had the same experience, and a possible fix?<BR>Please, if possible, email me at<BR><BR>Thanks, Roland.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ASP 0178 Error in Win2000.

I haven&#039t had the intermittent problem you describe... but I have had that error on Windows 2000 server when building VB 6 ASP components. Check They have an article there that describes two work-arounds to fix the problem.

3. #3 Guest

Dave,<BR><BR>Thanks for your reply. I&#039ve taken a look, all the articles I could find were to do with problems incurred during development when debugging or when using VB6 IDE. <BR><BR>I couldn&#039t find anything relating to the situation where you install the DLL on a machine without VB6 Studio installed, and which is being used solely as a web server.<BR><BR>If I&#039m wrong, please tell me, &#039cos I&#039d love to find a reliable solution to this.<BR><BR>Thanks, Roland.<BR><BR><BR>

Sam Vasthare Guest

I had a similar problem on Web Server(NT Server). What resolved my problem is as follows.<BR><BR>Copy the Component.DLL into WINNT/System32 folder & register it there. Make sure it is not used any where else & if it has been already regisetred from some other folder, make sure to un-register first and then re-register it in system32 folder. I also needed another step which you have already done it. Hope this resolves your problem. You may get into another problem while dropping re-compiled version of the same Dll saying that the dll is already in use & it won&#039t allow you tp replace existing DLL. If it happens STop the webserver, copy the DLL & then start the web server again.