A Doubt!!

Thread: A Doubt!!

Default A Doubt!!

hi,<BR><BR> i&#039d like to know if win API calls can be done in ASP, if so how is it done.appreciate ur help/advice if any....thx<BR><BR>regards,<BR>george

Default No doubt about it...

...you can only call the base Win32 APIs if you write an ActiveX component that makes the actual call and you in turn invoke "Automation" methods on the component.<BR><BR>Period.<BR><BR>

Default thanx, but.....

hi bill,<BR> thanx for ur response, i&#039d like to know if u can refer a site/material on which this could be elaborated a bit more, cos i think asking u to do so may be asking for too much? thanx again<BR><BR>george.

Default VB or VC++ are only practical choices...

What language will you use to make the Win32 API calls?<BR><BR>I presume either Visual Basic or Visual C++, yes?<BR><BR>In either case, then, the documentation and help that come with these products is the best place to start. Making an ActiveX control from Visual Basic, for example, is almost as simple as choosing the right project type as you create the project. Actually, it is *almost* that easy with VC++ (you just choose to make an ATL component).<BR><BR>Realistically, I would *not* attempt to do this without one of these Microsoft products. And there is *TONS* of support material (dozens of books, web sites, online forums, etc., etc.) for either of these languages and development systems.<BR><BR>