Sql Server giving problems......(very urgent)

Thread: Sql Server giving problems......(very urgent)

vibha Guest

Default Sql Server giving problems......(very urgent)

We are using SQL Server as our backend.The server was working fine till for quite sometime.But suddenly whenever i try to start the server at the Server Manager window it says <BR>Connection could not be established toe the server.Unable to connect.Sever is unavailbale or it does not exist.<BR>We have already stored so much data in the database and cannot afford to lose the data by reinstalling the Sql Server.I am not good at Server Management.Please can somebody out there help me as this is a very serious problem.I am really very tensed up and do not know what to do.I have tried to unregister the server then again register iit and what not .Any help on this will be highly appreciated.<BR>Thanks in advance

Default RE: Sql Server giving problems......(very urgent)

*What version of SQL Server do you have? <BR>*Has there been any other software recently installed? <BR>*Did you check the SQL and NT Server Log files for any events that might have done this?<BR>*Do you have any back-ups of the database, it might be a good idea in the future...<BR><BR><BR>Usually re-installing SQL server doesn&#039t overwrite tables if you use the wizard.<BR><BR>

Jairo Guest

Default RE: Sql Server giving problems......(very urgent)

Vibha,<BR>Open up the errorlog file under your \MSSQLLOG directory (or whatever your SQL directory is)<BR>and see if there are any errors. If so, post the error message here and I will help you out.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>Jairo<BR>http://www.citywebarchitects.com