What makes the difference

Thread: What makes the difference

Sateesh Guest

Default What makes the difference

When i create a unique key constraint in oracle it allows me to insert as many nulls in that particular column, but when i try to insert the same in the sql server (table structure is same and the unique constraint is also established similarly ** not a primary key **) allows only a single null. Is this a bug in oracle or ..<BR>I have even read a article some time earlier about the null values and i remember some thing like when you assign null to a column the sqlserver stores some system default value (depending upon the datatype of the column ) is that true, if some one has any article about that please share with me<BR>thank you in advance<BR>please mail the article to sbalaman@dmind.com

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: What makes the difference

I can&#039t speak intelligently on Oracle, but I can&#039t figure out WHY you would want more than one NULL in a column? What would be the benefit of that? IMO, it&#039s either NULL or it contains something. Multiple NULLS won&#039t change that fact.

Sateesh Guest

Default RE: What makes the difference

just a curiosity to know why it is so, it has nothing to do with something in reality.