ASP error 500.100 on Win2K Adv. Server

Thread: ASP error 500.100 on Win2K Adv. Server

Ryan S. Guest

Default ASP error 500.100 on Win2K Adv. Server

This is my madien voyage into ASP..<BR>Have pitty.<BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)<BR>Unrecognized database format &#039c:winnthelpiishelpiishtm utorialEECustmr1.mdb&#039.<BR>/iishelp/iis/htm/tutorial/database.asp, line 38<BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>GET /iishelp/iis/htm/tutorial/database.asp <BR><BR>Time:<BR>Tuesday, October 17, 2000, 3:33:08 PM <BR>_____________________________________________< BR><BR>More Info:<BR>User accounts "administrator" and "IUSR_TEF4TEST" have full control permissions to the EECustmr1.mdb file and i used the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)to set up the System DSN. Microsoft Access 2000 is installed and opens the EECustmr1.mdb no problem.<BR><BR>Here&#039s the ADO connection code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>strDBVirtualPath = "/iishelp/iis/htm/tutorial/EECustmr1.mdb"<BR>strDBLocation = Server.Mappath(strDBVirtualPath)<BR><BR>strSource = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=" & strDBLocation<BR>Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>objConnection.Open strSource <BR>SQLQuery = "SELECT * FROM Customers" <BR>Set rsCustomersList = objConnection.Execute(SQLQuery)<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR> Line 38 in the above code is: objConnection.Open strSource <BR><BR>Any Ideas?<BR>

Scott S Guest

Default RE: ASP error 500.100 on Win2K Adv. Server

I&#039m not sure but if you are using Access 2000 i think you are using (or making refrence to) the wrong provider. I checked my DSN-LESS connections (which connect with Access 2000) and they read something like this:<BR><BR>NEWSARTICLE_DATABASE_CONNECTION = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & _<BR> Server.MapPath(strDatabasePath) & ";"<BR><BR>I do remember reading somewhere that you had to use the 4.0 Jet Engine. If you think about it it would be like trying to use access 97 to open access 2000 which would give you an error like Invalid DB Format. <BR><BR>I&#039m not sure i havent tested this but it seems to make sense, give it a try.<BR><BR>Hope that Helps<BR><BR>Scott S<BR>