Stop users logging in twice

Thread: Stop users logging in twice

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default Stop users logging in twice

Does anyone have any tips on how I can stop a user from logging into my site more than once at the same time. I hold the users name, password and security levels in a SQL 7 database.<BR><BR>Please let me know if it is possible to stop them from logging in from 2 browser sessions simultaneously as my client insists that this must be a feature and I can&#039t think of a way to do it.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help<BR><BR>Eddie

Default RE: Stop users logging in twice

you could store current login names in an application array, which you then scan to check if they&#039re still logged in (?)<BR><BR><BR>j

Scott S Guest

Default RE: Stop users logging in twice

I wrote an application once that had the requirement of specifying how many concurrent sessions the user could create. ie the more they paid the more concurrent access accounts they could have. in the clients table (which was full of companies) there was a number value of how many "Accounts" they had.<BR><BR>I had the standard user table <BR><BR>tbl_users<BR> <BR>i also had an additional table:<BR><BR>tbl_LoggedINUsers<BR><BR>whenever a user attempted to log in the stored procedure would first obtain the number of concurrent logins for that account it would then check to see if there were any available logins. This was just a basic select count(*) from tbl_LoggedInUsers where userid = @userid. if there were any spare user accounts it inserted a row into the tbl_loggedInUsers and logged in the user. that way the i could specify exactly how many could access at once. I put a timeout on the session_Onend to log out the user, but you could do this any number of ways. <BR><BR>Hope that Helps..<BR><BR>Scott S