Permission denied

Thread: Permission denied

Rob Beauchamp Guest

Default Permission denied

Hello, Ive been trying to create a script that will write to a directory on the IIS server... i can open the file for read but not write and append. i get the following error when trying to open for write or append:<BR> Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR> Permission denied <BR>I can however write to the system32 directory on the server and edit and have complete access of the files. Ive talked to the administrator of the server and check the access restriction which dont seem to be a problem. I would appreciate any help or reference to any resources that i could use to help find out why i can not write to the files of the web page. thanks<BR><BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default What about IIS permissions

Have you checked if you have permissions to assess a folder and write a file in IIS

Sateesh Guest

Default RE: Permission denied

nothing to do with the file system objects, I hope this is related to the access permissions, try creating a new file (right clicking the mouse and select the new file option) and if it succeds you have permisssion for writing and try to append some data to the newly created file.

Kyle M. Burns Guest

Default RE: Permission denied

I&#039m assuming that you&#039re using the Scripting FileSystemObject for your I/O. Try changing your code from Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") to CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")