framest further EXPIRATION problem???

Thread: framest further EXPIRATION problem???

Default framest further EXPIRATION problem???

I&#039ve come across the inability to force an expiration on asp pages problem before where the block:<BR>-----------------------<BR>Response.Buffer = True<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.Expires = -1500<BR>Response.CacheControl = "private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="No-cache"&#062;<BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="cache-control" CONTENT="private"&#062;<BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache"&#062;<BR>--------------------------------<BR>had worked.<BR><BR>Now, however, inside a framest, with a form submission, when the user backs to a previous page, the page is loaded from cache. Shouldn&#039t it be expired? Anyone know the problem?<BR><BR>thanks

Sateesh Guest

Default RE: framest further EXPIRATION problem???

no you can not control that i believe, because it picks that from his historyn check is there by any means you can clean up their browser history

Akhilesh(thinny nobuckle) Guest

Default NO you cant....

how can you mess with their browser. You cant and should not be able to.<BR><BR>Can you abandon the session fatty??...if you can try that and it should happen. i have noticed that with the .ExpiresAbsolute and session.abandon it kind of works. I guess it depends on what you want to do.<BR><BR>This is an issue where i have not found any article which describes it properly. I think someone has to write an article on this...hmmmmm.....

Default How to prevent page caching

I&#039ve posted this before, but here goes again. <BR>ASP caching controls are notoriously unreliable, but this problem was addressed before ASP even existed. In plain HTML, if you include the following meta tag in your header, the page will not cache. <BR>&#060;meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"&#062;<BR>Try it, it has never let me down. <BR>SamC

5. #5 body and soul Guest

Default If you noticed

"&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="No-cache"&#062;" was included in the code he posted saying he tried it. <BR><BR>I have not found one wat that works every time so far and right now i dont think there is only one was.<BR><BR>What i mean by that is there are a lot of ways which work in certain instances. You will have to figgure what works for what you are trying...if that makes any sence