ADODB.Recordset error ' 800a0cb3' !!!

Thread: ADODB.Recordset error ' 800a0cb3' !!!

Ben Norton Guest

Default ADODB.Recordset error ' 800a0cb3' !!!

PLEASE HELP!!!<BR><BR>I&#039ve seen numerous posts, where people get this error, but I haven&#039t seen a conclusive/complete answer for what is going on.<BR><BR>I see this error when adding records, updating records, trying to use the "page" commands, etc.<BR><BR>Here&#039s an example of adding a record:<BR><BR><BR>connection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:Databaseswing.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"<BR>password = ""<BR>user = "admin"<BR> <BR>&#039 Create a connection to the SQL server <BR>Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn ection.Open connection, user, password<BR> <BR>&#039 Create a recordset object<BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>RS.Open "SELECT lastName FROM Reviewers", objConnection,adOpenDynamic<BR><BR>&#039 Check to see if AddNew is supported <BR>if RS.Supports(adAddNew ) then<BR> <BR> &#039 Add a record<BR> Write("<BR>" & "Supports Add New" )<BR> RS.AddNew<BR> <BR>End If<BR><BR><BR>

Ben Norton Guest

Default RE: ADODB.Recordset error ' 800a0cb3' !!!

Note: The description of this error is "The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider."

Smile Joe

Hello!
    Not sure if this will help you any, but I've had the same error when I copy a site from my myi desktop to my laptop. After hours of searching for a solution, I found a forum that suggested a possible permission issue. I checked my security and permission for my database file(as well as the entire site) and found that permission was not checked. After correcting this issue, everything fine. But, as I've said, this is only a suggestion. Your problem may be entirely different. Good luck, anyway...

J

Ummm...Ben Norton posted that back in 1999. He has never posted here since 2007 or so, so I doubt seriously if he is going to see your answer.

Anyway, his real problem was that he was trying to add a record using ADDNEW, but he was only SELECTing a single field from the Access database. Access doesn't support adding new records unless you do SELECT * (or, better, just specify only the table name).

Default I see something that is incorrect

do you see what I see?
    Source=Catabaseswing.mdb;Persist
    I am not seeing a backslash in the path.

Andrew SQLDBA

Good eyes. But I think that would have given an error on the connection open, not on the recordset, and back in 1999 Ben said the error was
    ADODB.Recordset error ' 800a0cb3'