GLOBAL VARIABLES

Thread: GLOBAL VARIABLES

Jess Magnaye Guest

Default GLOBAL VARIABLES

Im making an ASP based system that requests for a form input, then insert it on a database using the submit type input with a post method to the server. After submitting that values from the input form, I have a page that retrieves the values. One of my encountered problems, is that after redirecting to other ASP pages, some values are not anymore valid. Is there a way I can declare a global variable? HOW? Should I use the session_onstart or application_onstart? can a query from my database using a select sql statement be placed in my global.asa??

Jairo Guest

Default RE: GLOBAL VARIABLES

Jess,<BR>You can try giving session variables a shot.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>Jairo<BR>http:/www.citywebarchitects.com

Garrick Guest

Default RE: GLOBAL VARIABLES

Use Session variables if you want a value to exist regardless of what page you navigate to. You can declare Session variables on the fly. For example: Session("VariableName") = Now<BR>It now contains the system date. You can reference that value anywhere you want to use it.<BR>Session("VariableName") = Request.Form("ObjectName")<BR>Hope this helps!