can't execute the asp page.??

Thread: can't execute the asp page.??

Tripp Guest

Default can't execute the asp page.??

Hi,<BR>I have downloaded a shopping cart software. All I had to do was in the db.inc file, add the connection string of the connection object(DSN).<BR>I have a domain on webhostme.<BR>when i publish the asp files, the database, etc on to the domain, and try to execute default.asp, then i get the following error,<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR><BR>/db.inc, line 26<BR><BR>AS far as i know, i have set up a system DSN ON MY MACHINE.<BR>I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?<BR>CAN ANYONE HELP ME. tHIS IS REALLY URGENT,<BR>tHANKS, <BR>

Ben Roy Guest

Default RE: can't execute the asp page.??

The DSN has to be configured on the server, not on your machine.

Tripp Guest

How do I do that?<BR>Webhostme is my free domain provider.<BR>can&#039t i just ftp files to do that??<BR>Thanks,

sathiya Guest

Default RE: Question: can't execute the asp page.??

Sorry I dont know the answer for your question<BR><BR>I dont know how the free WEB hosting service execute server side scripting.Is your server side scritps work properly.

Ben Roy Guest

Nope. A DSN has to be configured in the controls panel of the server. If they won&#039t go in and set it up for you there is no way to use a DSN.