Connecting to Access DB

Thread: Connecting to Access DB

Default Connecting to Access DB

Connecting to Access DB <BR>I&#039m new at this and I&#039m gonna need help....<BR>I&#039m getting this error message :<BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services <BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR>· Error Type:(0x800401F9)<BR>Error in the DLL <BR>/t/tropicazoo/, line 20<BR>· Browser Type: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt) <BR>· Page: GET /t/tropicazoo/animalerie_complete.asp <BR><BR>I&#039m obviously doing something wrong, <BR><BR>Here is the part of the file it is refering to :<BR><BR>Dim dbc<BR>Dim strConn<BR>strConn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=Server.MapPath(&#039data/scart.mdb&#039)"<BR>Set dbc = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>dbc.ope n strConn<BR><BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>

Default RE: Connecting to Access DB

This line is your problem:<BR><BR>strConn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=Server.MapPath(&#039data/scart.mdb&#039)"<BR><BR>As you have written that, you are asking the DB server to do the MapPath. Nope. Won&#039t happen. You must do that in your ASP code.<BR><BR>Thus:<BR><BR>strConn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("data/scart.mdb")<BR><BR>