Access 2000 Error - "The search key was not found

Thread: Access 2000 Error - "The search key was not found

Richard Thornley Guest

Default Access 2000 Error - "The search key was not found

Hello,<BR><BR>I have written an asp page to allow the input of product information into an Access 2000 database. If I leave the field "Description" (defined as memo) blank I have no problems. If I input a product description of about 3,500 characters the error message "The search key was not found in any record" is displayed but the product description was written. If I go into Access 2000 and try to delete the record I get the same error message. Once I Repair and Compact I can delete the record but if I try to save the product description again I error out.<BR><BR>Is there a restriction on the size of a memo field if using asp? Any ideas what is causing this error. It happens on the server and a local computer. Below you will find my update code and the text that is causing the error.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Richard Thornley<BR><BR>Update Code -------------------------------------------<BR><BR>&#039Clear the Error Object<BR>Err.Clear<BR><BR>rsProduct("ProductNumbe r") = msProductNumber & ""<BR>rsProduct("Product") = msProduct & "" <BR>If Trim(Request.Form("Description")) &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> msTempString = Replace(msDescription, vbCrLf, "<BR>")<BR> msTempString = Replace(msTempString, "ul&#062;<BR>", "ul&#062;")<BR> msTempString = Replace(msTempString, "/li&#062;<BR>", "/li&#062;")<BR> rsProduct("Description") = msTempString & ""<BR>Else<BR> rsProduct("Description") = msDescription & ""<BR>End If<BR><BR>rsProduct.Update<BR>If Err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 Then<BR> ErrorHandler "Recordset Update Error - rsProduct"<BR>End If<BR><BR>Product Text that seems to cause the error ------------<BR>Description<BR>"Foreword: Bill Rodgers<BR><BR>Improve your racing performance through multispeed training! Whether your distance is 5K, marathon, or anything in-between, Road Racing for Serious Runners tells you how to train smarter and run faster. This training plan is based on solid science, and its physiological basis is clearly explained and incorporated into a running program that produces maximum results and reduces the risk of injury. <BR><BR><BR>Road Racing for Serious Runners, Pete Pfitzinger-a world-class marathoner, distance running coach, and exercise physiologist-tells you how to get the most out of your limited training time. Pfitzinger teams up with former Running Times editor-in-chief Scott Douglas to present a training and racing plan that will help you excel in the full spectrum of road racing distances. You will learn how to:<BR><BR>&#060;ul&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;design a week-by-week training program&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;determine the right pace to run during speed workouts&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;get the most out of long runs&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;taper training before an important race&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;detect and avoid staleness and injury&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;determine the best strategy for each race&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;li&#062;achieve the optimal mental state to train and race.&#060;/li&#062;<BR>&#060;/ul&#062;<BR>Included with each of five training schedules are racing tactics, mental tips, and lessons from world-class runners. Whatever distance you plan to race, Road Racing for Serious Runners will guide you to peak performance!<BR><BR><BR>About the Author<BR><BR><BR>Pete Pfitzinger is a two-time member of the U.S. men&#039s Olympic marathon team, a distance running coach, and an exercise physiologist. As a runner, he established himself as one of the best marathoners in U.S. history by outkicking Alberto Salazar to win the 1984 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials. That same year he received the DeCelle award for being America&#039s best distance runner and was named Road Runners&#039 Club of America Runner of the Year. He is also a two-time winner of the San Francisco Marathon and finished third in the 1987 New York City Marathon. As a coach, Pfitzinger has more than 18 years&#039 experience, including working with distance runners at the University of Massachusetts, University of New Hampshire, and Mount Holyoke College.<BR><BR><BR>In his current position as an exercise physiologist, Pfitzinger specializes in working with endurance athletes. He is a contributing editor for Running Times, which features his monthly column, ""The Pfitzinger Lab Report."" His writing has also appeared in American Health, Runner&#039s World, and New England Runner. A graduate of the University of Massachusetts with an MS in exercise science, Pfitzinger currently lives in Auckland, New Zealand.<BR><BR><BR>Scott Douglas is a former editor-in-chief of Running Times, where he continues to work as a senior writer. He has published articles in Runner&#039s World, Women&#039s Sports & Fitness, and Road Race Management. He is also a former editor of Running & FitNews, a publication of the American Running and Fitness Association. Douglas has coauthored two books with Bill Rodgers-Bill Rodgers&#039 Lifetime Running Plan and The Complete Idiot&#039s Guide to Jogging and Running. <BR><BR><BR>Douglas has been a competitive runner since 1979, setting personal bests of 30:48 in the 10K, 51:01 in the 10 mile, and 1:08:40 in the half-marathon. Running competitively for almost 20 years, he has kept in tune with runners who have to fit training and racing around the demands of a career. He is well-known in running circles for his former column in Running Times, ""Scott Speaks,"" which focused on the concerns and cares of competitive runners. Douglas resides in Bethesda, MD."

iyyappan n iyer Guest

Default i think

i think u should change the name of the field from &#039Description&#039 to something else.

iyyappan n iyer Guest

Default i think

i think u should change the name of the field from &#039Description&#039 to something else.