I&#039ve been fighting this issue for a few days (and am totally bald now). I HOPE someone here can help me see the error of my ways.<BR><BR>In over my head again &#060;g&#062;. This time I retrieving a text file from a remote box and reading each line/character as a variable for storage into a database. The text file is local now, but will be mapped in across servers when finalized. I am also only testing the first 2 characters and the 30th character in each line of the text file, eventually this will parse all 35 characters on each line (# of lines will vary each day). Ultimately, the databased info will be parse out and have reporting done internally via other ASP pages so users on our intranet can retrieve public feedback. <BR>This is a LONG msg, but here is the code, the DB setup, and the text file for someone to please tell me why this happens:<BR><BR>When accessing "readtext.asp" the whole thing works wonderfully and I am I able to continually read from the text file, taking each character into the db via write/addnew process. HOWEVER - if the user is on readtext.asp and is idle for more than 2 minutes and then reloads the readtext.asp page - the whole thing just sits and spins and does nothing - no timeout, no errors, no writing/parsing, just busy! Ideas - I need help on this one bigtime.<BR><BR>Database setup:<BR>located in a different dir (root/database)<BR>Name: cs_feedback.mdb (access97)<BR>1 Table with the following fields:<BR>table name: tbl_answers<BR>ID (autonumber)<BR>quest1 (text 50chrs)<BR>quest2 (text 50chrs)<BR>quest3 (text 50chrs)<BR><BR>The textfile contents (named formtext.txt) (located - root/testarea)<BR>12defhseba25411aanbcedswlmacc9ffhh<BR >zydefhseba25411aanbcedswlmacczffhh<BR>mndefhseba2 5411aanbcedswlmacc0ffhh<BR>abdefhseba25411aanbceds wlmacceffhh<BR>abdefhseba25411aanbcedswlmacc1ffhh< BR><BR>The aspcode doing all this: (located - root/testarea)<BR>named: readtext.asp<BR><BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE FILE="ADOVBS.INC" --&#062;<BR>&#060;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"&#062;<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;head&#062;< BR>&#060;title&#062;Untitled&#060;/title&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR>&#060;body bgcolor="white"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039===== ==== this is the actual database section ================<BR>conn = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("../database/cs_feedback.mdb") & ";"<BR>conn = conn & "DefaultDir=" & Server.MapPath("./") & ";"<BR>conn = conn & "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;"<BR>conn = conn & "FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;"<BR>conn = conn & "MaxBufferSize=512;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;"<B R>conn = conn & "SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UserCommitSync=Yes;" <BR>CONN_USER = ""<BR>CONN_PASS = ""<BR><BR>&#039========= this is the FSO section ==========================<BR><BR>Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>&#03 9this is for testing only - comment out for public use<BR>Set fsoText = objFSO.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("formtext.txt") )<BR>Do While Not fsoText.AtEndOfStream<BR>Response.Write fsoText.ReadLine & "<BR>" & vbCrLf<BR>Loop<BR>response.write "&#060;hr&#062;"<BR>fsoText.Close<BR>set fsoText=nothing<BR>&#039end testing area<BR>Set fsoText = objFSO.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("formtext.txt") )<BR><BR>counter=0<BR>Do While Not fsoText.AtEndOfStream<BR>count = count+1<BR>tdata = fsoText.ReadLine<BR><BR>q1 = mid(tdata,1,1)<BR>q2 = mid(tdata,2,1)<BR>q3 = mid(tdata,30,1)<BR>response.write "Line# "&count&" value="&q1&"<BR>"<BR>response.write "Line# "&count&" value="&q2&"<BR>"<BR>response.write "Line# "&count&" value="&q3&"<BR>&#060;hr&#062;"<BR>&#039this writes to the db for each loop <BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>RS.Open "tbl_answers",Conn,adopenstatic,adlockoptimistic<B R><BR>RS.addnew<BR>RS("quest1")=q1<BR>RS("quest2") =q2<BR>RS("quest3")=q3<BR>RS.Update<BR><BR>&#039en d db write process<BR>RS.close<BR>Loop<BR>response.write count &" total lines"<BR>fsoText.Close<BR>set fsoText=nothing<BR>objFSO.close<BR>set objFSO=nothing<BR>conn.close<BR>set conn=nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>THANKS for any help, ideas, comments, laughter.<BR>Mark <BR><BR><BR><BR>