Clearing Browser History

Thread: Clearing Browser History

Ashish Tiwari Guest

Default Clearing Browser History

How to clear the history of the client browser once the user logs out of the site ?<BR>This is important for me because I am using querystring for session tracking.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Ashish Tiwari<BR>

Scott S Guest

Default RE: Clearing Browser History

Couldnt you just loop through the back button collection, the history, setting each equal to either nothing or something harmless? just an idea. what happens if a user bookmarks a site how does that affect your session management? what exactly are you trying to do? How does the session management work is it database based or memmory based? I think you could just change the history values one by one, but that seems fairly intrusive. If your system is database based, on logout just delete all of the database entries. <BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Scott S

History values are read only

G Waddell Guest

I think history is a read only value. You can get the length and you move through it but not erase it. However, you can avoid adding items to it with response.redirect

Ajay Matai Guest

You can write a function to refresh your page as soon as it gets loaded in the browser.<BR>1.function to activate (F5) keyboard key.<BR>2.Use Meta Refresh.