Can't delete DLL - 'in use'

Thread: Can't delete DLL - 'in use'

Beverley Pinske Guest

Default Can't delete DLL - 'in use'

I am programming in VB 6 on one machine, compiling it to a DLL, then copying it to my web server (a separate machine). It is functioning just fine, but I can&#039t replace the DLL unless I reboot the web server.<BR><BR>I unregister the DLL using regsvr32 -u, but then when I try to delete it (or even just rename it) it says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."<BR><BR>I thought it might just be because I had recently called it from my ASP page, so I tried leaving it overnight. It never did end the process.<BR><BR>Is there another way to replace the DLL without having to reboot all the time? <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR> Beverley<BR>

Beverley Guest

Default RE: Can't delete DLL - 'in use'

Figures... never can find the answer until after posting the question. Thanks bart! <BR><BR>Beverley<BR><BR>RE: Doesn&#039t realese my dll file..<BR>bart - 11 Aug - 06:17:23 PM<BR>-----------------------------------<BR>IIS has the dll loaded in its own memory space. you have to unload the ASP application by going to the properties page of the virtual directory which contains the application and clicking the unload button.<BR><BR>bart <BR>