Cannot login to exchange server using CDO objects

Thread: Cannot login to exchange server using CDO objects

Suja Guest

Default Cannot login to exchange server using CDO objects

My requirement is to log in to an exchange server account using CDO objects and check for an email, without having to create a profile on the local m/c for the account. I am able to login this way, but am not able to access the Inbox. I get the error<BR>You do not have permission to log on. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]]<BR>Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?<BR>My code goes like this:<BR><BR>Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")<BR><BR>objSession.Log on profileInfo:="SVR1" & vbLf & "abc" <BR>&#039---objSession.CurrentUser gives the correct value of the user <BR>&#039-- here ,ie, &#039abc&#039 <BR><BR>&#039--This is where I get the error<BR>Set objInbox = objSession.Inbox<BR>--------------------------------------------------<BR>I dont seem to find a way to give the password for the account, as when profileInfo is given, profilename, ProfilePassword are ignored.

Default RE: Cannot login to exchange server using CDO obje

I am having the save problem. I am not sure yet but from my research it appears that you must setup the website in IIS to disallow anonymous authentication and force windows nt challenge/response auth. Then add your website to Trusted sites in IE and you should be able to access your mailbox.<BR><BR>hope this helps !