dsn-less connections on a lan

Thread: dsn-less connections on a lan

Default dsn-less connections on a lan

Hello, <BR>I&#039m trying to connect to a database on a network using a dsn-less connection. Here it is:<BR>myConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};<BR>Dbq=\wordupIntranetproductupdat es estwebcounter.mdb;"&_"Defaultdir=\wordupIntranetpr oductupdates est;" & _ <BR>"Uid=Admin;" & _<BR>"Pwd=;"<BR>The server is called wordup. I was able to do this at home but it messes up at work. Anyone have any ideas? I just created the folder and copied the contents so I&#039m sure it is not open. I&#039m convinced theres something I&#039m missing with the \word part.<BR><BR>here is the error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] &#039(unknown)&#039 is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Ralph<BR>

maybe Guest

Default RE: dsn-less connections on a lan

Dim conn<BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Pr ovider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"<BR>conn.Open(Serv er.Mappath("webcounter.mdb"))<BR><BR><BR>One reason might be that you don&#039t have the same drive letter on your machine at home as what the admin has the drive letter on the server set to. If you want to find the server info use SERVERVARIABLES("Path_Info")

Default Thanks alot it worked!!!!!

positive Guest

Default RE: Thanks alot it worked!!!!!

glad to help