any ideas?

Thread: any ideas?

Default any ideas?

I want a have a user click on a button called "send email" and have it pop up with a email box, but at the same time I want the page to refresh (or submit) so that I can show another button called "continue". This is a problem though because if I put the submit command right after the command to pop up the email box, the email box won&#039t load. Anyone have some ideas of how to get around this?<BR><BR>Here&#039s a sample of my code:<BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>function send_email(field){<BR>myURL = "mailto:" + escape(field);<BR>window.location = myURL;<BR>document.form1.submit();<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Thanks very much for your help,<BR>Peter

Default Nope, just old stuff...

&nbsp;<BR>You can&#039t use<BR> &nbsp; &nbsp; window.location = whatever<BR>to "popup" *anything*. That simply moves the *entire* current window to a new page!<BR><BR>You should *truly* popup a *NEW* window to do the email stuff in!<BR><BR>Learn about popping up new windows at and the JavaScript FAQ if you don&#039t know how to do it.<BR><BR>