ActiveX Component can't create Object INTERDE

Thread: ActiveX Component can't create Object INTERDE

Didier Guest

Default ActiveX Component can't create Object INTERDE

Hello! <BR>I&#039ve got a big problem... I&#039am making a site in INTERDEV and i use this command (VBScript):<BR><BR>Dim x<BR>Set x = CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR> <BR>When i run it, for me, it&#039s ok, but my collegua gets this error:<BR>ActiveX Component can&#039t create Object "Excel.Application"<BR><BR>It&#039s strange, because when i put it in a simple VB form on his desk, everything works correctly.<BR><BR>Is it a particular problem of INTERDEV? and how can i solve it?<BR><BR>Thanks a lot.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ActiveX Component can't create Object INTE

I guess you&#039re doing this client-side? does he have Excel on his machine? is it the same version as yours? is it running on PWS on your machine or something? more details would be nice.<BR><BR>what are you trying to achieve anyway?<BR><BR>j

Didier Guest

Default RE: ActiveX Component can't create Object INTE

Actually, my aim is to show reports to people... and my idea was to present the report as an excel, they can copy it, or do anything they want to do with it, more than with a flexgrid for example....<BR><BR>So, what i do to create my excel sheet:<BR><BR>Set ExcelSheet = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")<BR><BR>I fill the cells and format them:<BR>With ExcelSheet.Application.cells(...) = ...<BR> <BR>Then, i save the file and open it in a internet explorer window...<BR><BR>It works perfectly for me and for one of my collegua, but not for another one...<BR><BR>We all have the same version of Excel installed... (anyway, i do not think it&#039s an excel problem, as it works in VB, but not in interdev)<BR>The collegua for which it works has Visual Interdev installed on his PC, is it the reason?<BR><BR>Please help me, as i am only a beginner....